Saturday, December 05, 2009

hey Mister, why has my day been crappy?

Today was a hard day.
Today was similar when you were being parentally nudged into making the jump from 'little kid' to 'big kid' and ordering your meal at the restaurant all by yourself. Or taking a picture next to mickey mouse. With these analogies, I speak to the more reserved demographic, of course.

I'm annoyed I did the right thing. Will I really be happy in the end? I mean, I'll probably just forget about it and if that's the case, I should have just pouted and done what I wanted because I'll probably just forget that too.  Who really looks beyond their weekend anyway? I would prefer pedestrian crosswalks to be more like dodging zones, cigarettes to be the fountain of youth, and class to be canceled every Friday. And Monday.

I wanted to be Little Kid today.  It's technically tomorrow, but before I slip off into heavy weekend slumber, I can still curl up in my bed that hasn't been made all week and think about all the uncomfortable things that happened today; situations that coaxed my heart into wearing heavy boots and hanging out with friends who approvingly noted my unusual and (quite) compensated gleefulness. I can still whine to God about that and ask silly and redundant questions. Maybe  I could manage a few crocodile tears in, too. 
Man, kids get away with everything.


0 comments: