Thursday, October 08, 2009

"Why don't you straighten up the mess that's inside!" -Poor Professor Higgins

I'm between just completing a paper over how Jacopo da Pontormo's painting "Entombment" relates to both the incarnate and divine Christ for evangelical theology and a paper over my documentary film idea to be submitted and voted over in class tomorrow. I've decided to seize the moment and hash out a bit of my life. Two things come immediately to my mind:

1. Glee has been such fun to watch this semester. It's the first semester I've allowed myself to watch TV since being at college and it's be so fun. There are a lot of reasons I believe this show works and I've already discussed them at length with my roommate, Swys. I don't feel like rewriting them. Sorry.

2. As the weather gets cooler, I find myself getting lonely. It happens every year. It's like a form of mild seasonal depression or something. Right now the only thing that sounds good is snuggling up in a hoodie, with apple cider in one hand, and someone else's hand in the other. I think I've unconsciously romanticized the fall and seem to find a lacking contentment without my fantasies, although I did indulge on an apple cider at Starbucks late last week. That was nice.

I'm quite honestly overwhelmed this semester with school and my internship but I love all the people time allows me to interact with. I've become closer with my bosses, Jonathan and Becky and love doing photography with them. They always are laid back and are quick to affirm my abilities. It's been a great learning experience. I love my roommate. She's just a little hippie and we have bonded over a love of music, cultures, fruit enhanced oatmeal, and of course, art. I love all of my old friends who have been a blast catching up with and seeing how our friendships have taken different turns and how exciting that is. I've loved meeting JEPhotography clients and getting to be a part of some of the most special times in their lives. All have been so kind.

Right now, I'm sitting in my unmade bed with my jam packed planner and texts books atop. My carpet needs vacuuming, dishes needs washing, clothes need hanging. I could have done all this tomorrow morning, but I've decided to babysit a friend/classmate's little two year old instead so she can clean house and do laundry without interruption. I can't wait! Straightening up my life however, will just have to.

Back to finishing my treatment for non-fiction film. I may get to bed before 1:00 AM this week! Yay! ;)

Cheers Beards and Banjos,

Bri

0 comments: